Full-Time Minister Job Posting
Full-Time Minister Posting for SRCC
Church: South Range Christian Church
Location: South Range, Digby Co., Nova Scotia
Posting Date: October 10th, 2017
Closing Date: Open until position has been filled
Start Date: To be negotiated with successful candidate
South Range Christian Church has been ministering since 1867 roughly 20 minutes from the town of Digby in Nova Scotia. We are a congregation of approximately 80 regular attenders of all ages who meet weekly for encouragement, teaching, and fellowship with other believers in Jesus Christ. We have a spacious facility and our services are mostly contemporary music with a worship band. SRCC has two mid-week youth ministries for Grades Primary to Five and Grades Six to Twelve, two adult Bible Studies (seasonally), a year-round Sunday School for all ages, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Weekly sermons, and occasional special speaking as needed (special services outside of Sunday
• Plan and implement lessons, games, and Monthly Fun Nights for the mid-week Youth Group for
Grades 6-12 (with help from volunteers) from Sept. – May
• Plan and implement a ministry for our College and Career age (potentially including Pre-College)
• Rotational turn in Adult Sunday School lead
• Regular visitation with seniors in their homes, and hospital/senior home visits as needed
• Perform marriages and funeral services as needed
The ideal candidate will:
• love God and have a passion to encourage people into a closer relationship with Him
• display Christ-like behaviour, as that of a committed follower of Christ
• be a people person who genuinely enjoys having a chat with all ages
• be gifted to specifically engage youth and young adults
• will nurture, encourage, and support the various volunteer ministries
• convey the messages of the Bible clearly and relevantly to today’s culture
• have excellent communication skills
• time manage and prioritize based on needs of the church
• possess a qualification in ministry acceptable to the Board
• musical ability and willingness to participate in occasional worship lead role
• knowledgeable in computers/tech support
• sense of humour as we are all God’s imperfect creatures!
Salary and responsibilities to be negotiated based on experience and gifts.
If you have an interest in joining a church family who is known for their warm welcome and love of music,
and has many dedicated volunteers eager to work alongside you, please consider us!